Rose Online (International Server - Jan 1 2005)

Any great announcement will be made here.
Kiaser

Rose Online (International Server - Jan 1 2005)

Post by Kiaser »

The ultimate goal of R.O.S.E Online is to learn more your role as a Visitor, and take an active part in the world of R.O.S.E Online as the main story unfolds. Depending on your discoveries and actions, you may either play an involved role in the main story, or have your own adventures.

Link: http://www.roseon.com

Download: http://www.roseon.com/Pds/Down.asp

Basic Story:

Players can form groups and compete for dominion over the seven planets. Unlike a small scale war, such as a guild war in which players fight for the possession of castles, players can take part in a huge war in which the fate of an entire planet is at stake.
Once you become the king of a planet, you will have political and economic authority as ruler of that planet's government.
The one who can put all 7 planets under his control will become the most powerful force in the world

World System:

There are various tales, fantasies and legends around the seven planets, but many of them contain some grain of truth.

Our universe, or as it is called in the old tales, the 'Sea of Souls,' was a vast ocean of darkness until the goddess Arua created the seven planets. Each one of them was special, and not one planet was like the other. However, all seven planets were created with Arua's love and they shone with the brilliance of seven stars,
filling the vast ocean of darkness with wondrous light and life.

However, Hebarn, god of malice, grew envious of Arua for her creative power. He forcefully took the seventh planet and pompously named it after himself. Hebarn has been a constant threat to the peace of the seven planets, as well as to the goddess Arua.

In order to protect the planets from Hebarn's looming menace, Arua created the Visitors, and has been sending them to the seven planets.

Methods of Transportation:

There are a total of 3 forms of transportation available in R.O.S.E Online.
Castle Gear which was developed to cause great damage to enemies in battles, Cart which was developed to efficiently traverse the vast fields and desert and Flying Vessel which realizes the dream of exploring outer space.
It is possible to customize Carts and Castle Gears by changing parts and upgrading abilities .

ImageImageImage
Current Games:

World of Warcraft (Sen'jin Server)

Alliance:
Dagaralok (Human Warrior)
Darkrainz (Dwarf Rogue)
Musketeer (Night Elf Hunter)

Horde:
Hepatitisman (Undead Mage)
Whatamess (Troll Hunter)

Nardae

Post by Nardae »

seeing as wish was canceled, i need a new game....guess ill give it a try, tho it looks too cartoonish for me -.-
-Anar kaluva tielyanna!

Nardae

Post by Nardae »

stupid korean games, registration is broke....

soo, any other games? ;P
-Anar kaluva tielyanna!

McLeod

Post by McLeod »

started playing this game last week, its pretty good

I'm running round with a big Axe killing snails at the moment.

Give it a try people

Nardae

Post by Nardae »

soo, registration working now?
-Anar kaluva tielyanna!

Luinar

Post by Luinar »

ragnarok online with a graphics update. =p

actually looks pretty good if you're into cutesy anime style characters.

Stylus

Post by Stylus »

I'm playing this game at the moment and i like it, loads of quests, i'm a dealer (crafter) at the moment killing monsters with my little bubble gun lol.

andeluvian

Post by andeluvian »

at this current stage of boredom im willing to try anything (bah, start wow open beta already)

i think registeration works nard :P

Nardae

Post by Nardae »

well, i downloaded baldurs gate 2 with tob, so am playing that atm.

great fun, that game rocks.
tho its old its still one of the best, if not the best, single player rpg ever
-Anar kaluva tielyanna!

Luinar

Post by Luinar »

Nardae wrote: well, i downloaded baldurs gate 2 with tob, so am playing that atm.

great fun, that game rocks.
tho its old its still one of the best, if not the best, single player rpg ever

the only game that rivals BG2 for me is planescape - torment.

if you haven't played it yet, you need to. =p

because there's no multiplayer, they concentrated more on character development etc, and it paid off. ^^

Anemone

Post by Anemone »

Mmm, finally a free(for now) mmorpg that looks decent enough to try out. I'm playing this one - anyone else actively playing?

I would go to WoW but it'll just suck me into its world of nonproductive-badness @_@;

Kiaser

Helpful Information of Rose Online

Post by Kiaser »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mostly about the basics of the game(ctrl+p from a website =D)

Statistics
----------
[Tip] Strength is a source of power attecting Max HP, power of near attack weapon, defense power and item carrying ability.
[Tip] Dexterity influences on moving speed, distance attack weapon and dodge rate for physical attack.
[Tip] Intelligence attects Max MP, attack power of magick weapon and magick resistance.
[Tip] Concentration has an effect on accuracy, crafting success possibility and recovery speed of HP and MP as well as power of guns.
[Tip] Charm affects condition for quest, rewards for clearing quest and danger for hunting.
[Tip] Sensibility influences on sense for crafting item, battle, critical attack, quality of crafted item and skill damages.
[Tip] When your level ups, you can get bonus stat point.
[Tip] When your level gets higher, you will get number of stat points compared to your level.

Monster Colors
--------------
[Tip] Monster name in gray color - They are so weak that you cannot get any experience point or item from them.
[Tip] Monster name in sky blue color- They are too weak and you can rarely get item.
[Tip] Monster name in blue color - You can easily hunt them but you can have lower than half possibility of item droping rate and gaining experience point.
[Tip] Monster name in light green color - you can beat down the monsters without much damage. But you can expect lower item drop rate and less experience points.
[Tip] Monster name in yellow color- They can be a good target of your hunting.
[Tip] Monster name in orange color - It would be difficult for you to fight them.
[Tip] Monster name in red color - You can fight them with your party members or with good items.
[Tip] Monster name in pink color - They are really difficult targets but you can try with your best party members.
[Tip] Monster name in purple - They are not your target. You'd better avoid them.
[Tip] The stronger monsters are, the more possibility of gaining item you can have.
[Tip] On the other hand, when you hunt weak monsters, possibility of gaining good items and high experience point will drop.

Jobs
----
[Tip] When you reach level 10, you can make job change. You can select one of jobs among Soldier, Muse, Hawker or Dealer.
[Tip] You can ask Waren, a NPC in City of Zant for first job change.
[Tip] Soldier is good at physical combat.
[Tip] Muse uses various kinds of magick attack skills and assistant skills.
[Tip] Hawker is good for combating and making distance attack by using bow.
[Tip] Dealer is good at trade, item craft and distance attack by using gun.
[Tip] You can get 2nd job when your level reachs 70.
[Tip] Soldier can choose between defensive Knight and powerful Champ.
[Tip] Muse can choose between assitantive Cleric and powerful Magician.
[Tip] Hawker can choose between Raider who is good at combat and Scout who is good at handling bow.
[Tip] Dealer can choose between Artisan who is good in crafting items and Bourgeois who can summon powerful warriors.

Vehicles
--------
[Tip] You can drive Cart when your level reaches 50. You can achieve Cart drive skill by quest.
[Tip] You can drive Castlegear when your level reaches 70.

Item Durability
---------------
[Tip] Weapons life span reduces as you used them.
[Tip] Armors life span reduces as you are attacked.
[Tip] As durability of item is high, the percentage of life span reduce is low.
[Tip] You can have have them repaired by visiting armor seller NPC or by purchasing and using hammer of repairement.
[Tip] If you use repair tool from NPC to repair your item, durability of item will be reduced.
[Tip] If you ask weapon NPC to repair your item, you will be able to repair your item without any durability reduce.

Gemming
-------
[Tip] Gemming is to stick the jewel to your socketed item.
[Tip] If you drag jewel to your item icon, you will succeed on gemming 100% and the ability of jewel will be apply to your item.
[Tip] Gemmed item can be separated. Separation skill are available by Artisan or certain NPC.

Refining
--------
[Tip] Refining is to upgrade weapon or armor.
[Tip] Upgraded weapon will have higher attack or concentration ability.
[Tip] Upgraded armor will have higher defense power, magick resistance and dodge rate.

This is a brief leveling guide(got it off a website)

lvl 1-10 Adventure plane (Jelly Bean,Choropy)

lvl 10-15 Valley of Luxem Tower(Pumpkin,Formic)
lvl 15-20 Elveroon Desert (Hornet,Woopy)

lvl 20-29 Elveroon Desert (Leki)

lvl 29-34 Lake of Anima (Aqua,hit king can help)

lvl 34-40 Lake of Anima (Moldy)

lvl 40-45 Junon Polis (grunters)

lvl 45-52 Forrest of Wisdom

lvl 52-56 Goblin Cave(B1 ) (Goblin)

lvl 56-60 Beach of Genzi(Caiman,Kingkongs)

from 60 onwards it is pretty much where you want to level as there are many options.

Guide to getting first Job class
** Note **
This guide is only applicable to players whose characters have already attained the required level of 10.

NORTH in this guide refers to the NORTH / UP direction of the mini-map. And so, SOUTH would mean the BOTTOM / DOWN direction of the mini-map.

The area that you start in after leaving the training grounds is called The Aventure Planes.

--------------------

Muse Job Class

Speak with Warren located slightly WEST of the entrance of the City of Zant.
Select the option for 1st job change.
Select Muse Class Job.
Warren will send you to Trinthe to make a simple potion.
Trinthe is located along the EASTERN wall of the City of Zant.
Trinthe will send you to collect 20 Seeds of Flame.
Seeds of Flame are dropped by Flame Plants located at the Adventure Planes.
Leave the City of Zant by the SOUTH exit and go through The Lexum Tower to the Adventure Planes.
Upon reaching the Adventure Planes, go SOUTH-EAST across the first bridge.
Continue going SOUTH and you will come across Jelly Beans, Choropys, Mother Choropys, Spotted Choropys and Flame Plants.
Destroy the Flame Plants to acquire your Seeds of Flame.
The seeds will not be a normal monster drop to pick up, it is a quest item and will appear in your quest inventory. Press ALT + Q to open your quest information to view the total number of seeds collected.
After acquiring 20 Seeds of Flame, leave Adventure Plane and head back to the City of Zant.
Speak to Trinthe.
Trinthe will send you to collect 5 Pumpkin Seeds.
Head out the SOUTH exit of the City of Zant and on to The Lexum Tower.
Pumpkin Seeds are dropped by Big Pumpkins. So destroy them until you get 5 Pumpkin Seeds.
The seeds will not be a normal monster drop to pick up, it is a quest item and will appear in your quest inventory. Press ALT + Q to open your quest information to view the total number of seeds collected.
After acquiring 5 Pumkpin Seeds, head back NORTH to the City of Zant.
Speak with Trinthe to get a recommendation.
Speak with Warren.
Selection the option to confirm you request for a job change to Muse.
Congratulations! You are now a Muse.

--------------------

Dealer Job Class

Speak with Warren located slightly WEST of the entrance of the City of Zant.
Select the option for 1st job change.
Select Dealer Class Job.
Warren will send you to Crow to learn about the essence of trade.
Trinthe is located at the NORTH-WESTERN section of the City of Zant, across a bridge.
Crow will send you to collect 5 Sheep Skins & 5 Small Metals.
At this point you have 2 options:
Sheep Skins:

Head out the NORTH exit of the City of Zant.
Keep going NORTH-WEST until you come to a house.
Speak with the NPC located there to acquire the Sheep Skins needed for you quest.
Small Metals:

Head out the NORTH exit of the City of Zant.
Keep going NORTH-WEST until you come to a house.
Speak with the NPC located there to acquire the 5 Sheep Skins needed for your quest.
Leave the City of Zant by the SOUTH exit and go through The Lexum Tower to the Adventure Planes.
Upon reaching the Adventure Planes, go SOUTH-EAST across the 2 bridges to the town.
The NPC, Sayon is located in the town just BEHIND THE SMITH.
Speak with him to acquire the 5 Small Metals needed for your quest.
After collecting all the materials, head back to the City of Zant.
Speak with Crow.
Crow will send you to collect 15 Needle Stings.
Leave the City of Zant by the SOUTH exit and on to The Lexum Tower.
Needle Stings are dropped by Needled Honey Bees. So destroy them until you get 15 Needle Stings.
The needle stings will not be a normal monster drop to pick up, it is a quest item and will appear in your quest inventory. Press ALT + Q to open your quest information to view the total number of seeds collected.
After acquiring 15 Needle Stings, head back NORTH to the City of Zant.
Speak with Crow to get a recommendation.
Speak with Warren.
Selection the option to confirm you request for a job change to Dealer.
Congratulations! You are now a Dealer.

HAWKER

You talk to Warren (Next to village chief in Zant. You can put mouse over NPC icons on mini-map to see what npc it is. Makes it easier for NPC finding.) He will tell you to go to the tower in the field just before Zant.

Well the tower isn't the tower you first see or what you usually think it would be. The tower is the island with the rocks coming out of the ground like claws. It is connect by two bridges. Well the mountain guide there has what your looking for. Except... He wants to get these items to make another necklace.

He wants you to kill any of these three monsters until you get 20 quest items: King Jelly (he gives 3 quest item at once.) Spotted Chopore (Catipller thing) and Mother Chopore. Reccomend to have some fruit to make the time go by faster (Especially if you want to fight King Jelly.)

Once you get 20 of the item you go back to the mountain guide NPC. He gives you the earring, bring that earring to Warren and your finished.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR A HAWKER NOW! For soldiers...

You talk to Warren and he send you to leonard. (correct the name if im wrong but I think thats it) Hes right near the center of the square there. He wants 10 bee stingers.....or similarly named item.

You get those by killing honey bees around the town and in the valley to the south.

Return to him and he asks for 3 pumpkin...somethings...lol

Kill 3 elder pumpkins in the valley and return to him and thats it!

Guide to getting a cart

As you all know, to actually ride a cart you must be at least level 50. But you should start collecting pieces for the actual cart MUCH earlier. These can either be bought from Mildun in Junon Polis, traded for 160 Union Pts. at any of the 4 unions, or created by a Dealer(I'm not sure how to go about doing such a thing, but I've heard there are blueprints for carts and stuff and that you need a Dealer to put the pieces together. Whether or not this is easier then paying or trading, or even true for that matter, I do not know.).
Now, you can use whichever method you like, it really doesn't make any difference other than the costs. I personally prefer the Union method, and if you choose to do it this way, I advise you start WAY in advance as 160 Union pts. may take a long time. If you wish to purchase all the parts from the cart shop, the total comes to around 350,000z... Pretty pricy, eh? I hear it's pretty hard for muses to collect Union pts. so it "may" be a better idea for them to buy the parts.
At any rate, after you have your parts and have reached level 50 (You can probably do this quest without your parts, but I had mine already), it's time to do the long and tedious cart quest, which will ultimately earn you your license.
To begin, head to Mildun in Junon and ask him for your license. He will try to frighten you at first by saying you can't get the license, but have no fear! After a whole bunch of boring dialogue, he'll direct you to an NPC in the Adventure Plain who's name I am failing to remember... Starts with an "M" though I believe.
Anywho, head to the Plain and go down to the bottom right and look for the NPC on your map. After talking to this guy, he will direct you to Ruth at the Beach of Genzi. Head all the way to the beach and pay a visit to Ruth located on the far right side.
You'll be redirected to Mildun back in Junon. Now I bet you are hoping the quest is over, right? Wrong!
The little twit wants you to destroy the evidence you have, which apparently are the 3 scrolls you got throughout your journey up to this point in your Quest menu. Sounds easy, right? Wrong!
Now you have to head to the Cave of Goblins. Once there, start looking for Coal Miner GoblinWorkers who are most commonly found in the area in the bottom-left. By killing these goblins, one by one you will lose each of the 3 scrolls. Don't worry if you don't lose one on your first try, tenth try, or even fiftieth try for that matter. The chances of a scroll disappearing upon the death of a coal miner is extremely rare and this part of the quest could very well take many many hours.
After you've had the time of your life slaughtering those goblins, head back to Mildun in Junon for one last time to learn the Cart Skill and be joyous that you will never have to do that quest again! =D
Current Games:

World of Warcraft (Sen'jin Server)

Alliance:
Dagaralok (Human Warrior)
Darkrainz (Dwarf Rogue)
Musketeer (Night Elf Hunter)

Horde:
Hepatitisman (Undead Mage)
Whatamess (Troll Hunter)

Stylus

Post by Stylus »

Last edited by Stylus on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nardae

Post by Nardae »

made a char aswel, so if any1 sees Nardae running around, then say "hi" to me , )
-Anar kaluva tielyanna!

F|amez

Post by F|amez »

Something about muse. If you gonna make a muse make it a female character because muse only has female clothes :?
MonsterAndMe-F|amez lvl 436 Jr.Devil
GunBound-FieryLotus Double Metal Axe