Forums are back, READ

Any great announcement will be made here.
lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Forums are back, READ

Post by lhurgoyf »

Because of those pesky worms that exploited older versions of phpbb I had to upgrade somehow... the worm was dropping files onto my server which I could not view with my disk view, but made themselves felt (250mb used up). So I whiped the old files off the forum and I have installed BBaCE. It is something Kale wanted installed a while ago, and I just never got around to it. I have done my best to migrate over forums/posts/users. There were several cases where I had to rebuild the sql db around the old backups with the new schema.... so there may be errors somewhere. Post here with the exact error you got, all the info it gave you and I will work on it.

So forums should be up good as new. This forum is premodded with all the old games that were on the old forum along with some new ones. For anyone who cared about the rpg mod, its here along with another rpg.... all data should still be there. If you find any errors, once again let me know.

It took me a good hour and a half to get these forums workin right with the old backups, so i'd better see people poster here again 8)

lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Post by lhurgoyf »

additional notes:

Avatars- They were uploaded in the same location as before.... but for some reason even though they are linked in the user profiles in the sql db, they do not show up here. If you go to the avatar gallery in edit profile and go to Old Avatar section you can go through and find your old avatar to use.

Templates- There are 3 different templates that came with this board, subSilver(what you are viewing right now), and bbaceblue. The third is subBlack which I will install later as I am tired right now.

Attachment mod- Is not currently on here. I have already gone through and modded all of the BBaCE templates for the sanctuary forum so I just need to update the sql db again and change some files.

That is about all I can think of to mention right now, time to rest.

Kalestone
Site Admin

Post by Kalestone »

Its great, tyvm :)
"With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged."

lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Post by lhurgoyf »

many people wont be able to view certain forums if viewing permissions rolled over with the dbs... tomorrow I will try and bring over the old usergroups so I dont have to redo everyone.

Please leave posts here if you see anything strange on the board. ie: a forum has posts in it, even recent ones but they dont show up on the main page or something (forums that dont require you to be in a usergroup.... like annoucements)

Shalaam
Site Admin

Post by Shalaam »

hey, it's great! i like the new style, and the main page is nice as well.
~reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol~

Devilguard

Post by Devilguard »

Hey, thanks a ton lhurgoy, even if I ain't part of the main comunity, I still used this forum to keep in touch with Pestilence members who I don't have on MSN so I'm really gratefull to ya :wink: And the site looks Ace.
Last edited by Devilguard on Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nasurin-

Kil_Rathi

Post by Kil_Rathi »

Wow like nice. Welcome to the wild west of the internet.

Vindicis

Post by Vindicis »

Woohoo ;P

The new games are fun except that blackjack game is screwed, singleshot? wtf lol

Oh, and I can't get into the Pesti forums now ;P

Other than that, nice job ;)
VINDICIS

Devilguard

Post by Devilguard »

Yea the games are awesome, I just got a score of 127 on Kickup's but when I tried to send I got an error :

Template->loadfile(): No file specified for handle body

Kiaser

Post by Kiaser »

Glad to see that everything is working again.

Thankyou Lhur
Current Games:

World of Warcraft (Sen'jin Server)

Alliance:
Dagaralok (Human Warrior)
Darkrainz (Dwarf Rogue)
Musketeer (Night Elf Hunter)

Horde:
Hepatitisman (Undead Mage)
Whatamess (Troll Hunter)

lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Post by lhurgoyf »

usergroups sql db is now updated... it should be just as it was on the old board, except for the amity guild section, I had to drop the people who were in the group for that one. So bug kale or whoever made it on here to add you again as the group is still there just no members in it ;p

as for games, I dont think any will record the high score right, so not much I can do about it but I will check on it.

lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Post by lhurgoyf »

well another rewind -.-

after trying to add user group db backups from the old forum I got the same problem I did a few days ago. So, to gain access back to the right usergroups you are going to have to apply again. I will set permissions on the guild forums, and create new user groups. Who should I set as the pestilence forums? Other than that I will not be moving any other db backups over because it just causes more problems. I will leave the forums to go for a few days and see if everything is smoothed out.

lhurgoyf
Site Admin

Post by lhurgoyf »

As of now:

User groups are remade and guild forums are set for them. To join Rebirth/Pestilence/Amity user groups goto: groupcp.php and apply to the group. Whoever previously did the pestilence user group pm me and I will switch it over to whoever.

Forum pms: should be working

templates: all 3 templates are up, check em out if you dont like subSilver.

arcade games and high scores: probably dont work still, I will look at it sometime next week.

Now I am not going to mess with any of the files or anything in the db and see if the forum doesnt mess up anymore ;o

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

lol I got top score on Kickups, Pac-Man and Pooljam and they all got cleared :(. More importantly :), it won't let me log onto my Fredbob acc., nor does it show up on the members list - a rewind cleared me out?
Edit: Also my posts are gone, not a trace ;)

*goes off to beat Lhurgoyf's kickups score in frustration* :D

Luinar

Post by Luinar »

pestilence isn't accepting members. =p

"This is a closed group: no more users accepted"