WoW killed rpg's

Any great announcement will be made here.
Azbos

WoW killed rpg's

Post by Azbos »

Lets face it no game even comes close to this in respects of content and updates,shame it has toony graphics. It has so much cash going through it no other game even touches it. just a shame hardcore gamers get bored with it so quik.
Thinking back a few years before WoW came out theres wasnt much out and all were pretty dull, but since WoW there nothing but asian mass produced garbage that cant keep people interested for more than a few weeks. And the non stop f2p games coming out gaghh they really killing gaming off .
so i blame WoW for this ,we all know how hard it is now to find a game , just post on mmorpg forum ,looking for game section, all point you to WoW or f2p cookie cutter games. theres just nothing new anymore .

Anyone for Manopoly ? lol
Image Image

I have Quit gaming for good (well while im at her house then).

sagitarium

Re: WoW killed rpg's

Post by sagitarium »

Soma 8)

Osiriis

Post by Osiriis »

Ultima Online (pre-3D) killed all mmorpg's for me. Nothing else has been its equal in my opinion.

Luinar

Post by Luinar »

you were a gm on ultima for a while weren't you? i have a vague memory of you mentioning that while i was hunting in conti, lol. -_-

Osiriis

Post by Osiriis »

Ya, I was a GM for the official Pacific UO Shard for about 6 months, then demoted myself down to Counselor (unpaid volunteer) because I started college and didn't have time, then they fired all the Counselors =(. I partnered up with a few old GMs to start a free server which did well for over a year but the server fell to corruption. After that my university started a counterstrike team, and I played that until a korean student showed me Soma. He quit soma because he couldn't keep up with me -_- worst korean ever.

Axelfolie

Post by Axelfolie »

For me Elemental Saga was the best game I played... Too bad it got "put on hold" (forever) during beta.
After that I started playing soma.... but still for me ESaga was better.
It met him... It's Master.

predeter

Post by predeter »

sagitarium wrote: Soma 8)

so soma any1 ?=P

Aux

Post by Aux »

anyone for tennis ?

Osiriis

Post by Osiriis »

What about starting a private server for just us =p. Invite only. Until we find something else.

Death Scythe

Post by Death Scythe »

predeter wrote:
sagitarium wrote: Soma 8)

so soma any1 ?=P

Give it time =p... Something's coming soon. In the meantime... we're going back to L2 AGAIN haha... I found a the only server with more In's than Out's. Hellbound patch, english speaking server, no lag, NO GM shop to buy every weapon from D to S, NO cash donating system to buy items. 15x EXP and the player population ranges from 400-800 doing peak and off peak times. Seems the best server out of a bad bunch really...

Anyway L2 P Server

Download Client (use a download accelerator)

Simply download l2, install it (Don't patch), download their patcher from Here (first one). Install the patcher into the main L2 directory. Run their patcher and off you go.

There's a chance you might get an error like I did after restarting the patcher... if so Do the following:

Go to Windows Folder/System 32/Drivers/ETC/Hosts... and open your hosts file with word and enter these two lines:

#64.16.193.27 l2authd.lineage2.com
#216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com

And the patcher should work now.

Note: If you don't have any hosts file make a notepad file and save it as "Hosts.ICS"

I'm sworn to secretcy about Soma. So to kill time play L2 =P.

predeter

Post by predeter »

do you have to do the class transfer quests?

Death Scythe

Post by Death Scythe »

predeter wrote: do you have to do the class transfer quests?

Already asnwered on msn but for other's, nah you don't, and skills are autolearned so no hunting for spellbooks.

Azbos

Post by Azbos »

i never got round to playing l2 so im dling this now 3hrs for almost 4gb not to bad :D dunno why u need dll accelerator . thats just for dial up connections ?? unless ur having problems with ur mtu speed and throttling ? i dunno :P
Image Image

Luinar

Post by Luinar »

problem is most sites that host the client cap your download speed pretty badly so using flashget is good to download from multiple addresses.

i'm just installing now, would be good if more would come. if nothing else L2 is always good for some pvp. some of the new features are pretty interesting too, new race/classes/weapons and high lvl transformations (one of them is like a bigass dual wielding devil warrior haha).

Azbos

Post by Azbos »

well im not stopping up its almost 1 am here past my sleepy nanights time :P
Image Image